As the world’s largest technology distributor, Ingram Micro strives
to operate globally as an environmentally accountable organization by:
- Minimizing our corporation’s impact on the environment
- Working with vendor and customer partners to increase the utilization
of green technology
- Collaborating with and supporting the sustainability efforts of our
Ingram Micro manages its operations and business activities to minimize
its impact on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
As a smart citizen, we do our best to continuously improve our environmental
management efforts. We recognize that this will only be achieved through
regular monitoring of our performance against stewardship objectives.
Environmental Accountability Focus
We identify and proactively address risks of pollution arising from our
activities, products or services in order to effectively control and reduce
our carbon footprint. Our global environment policy outlines the framework of our environmental management systems and responsibilities for managing toward sustainable business.
- For example, the corrugated cartons that Ingram Micro utilizes, on
average, contain 39% recycled content. After the cartons have been used,
they are 100% recyclable for use in the manufacture of other paper products.
We reduce usage of materials, resources and energy as we appraise our business units around the globe.
- In 2011, facilities projects in Belgium included the addition of LED lighting throughout EMEA's headquarters along with motion-sensor lighting in bathrooms with an annual maintenance savings of $9,000 Euros. The switch from halogen-based lighting to LED saves at least 16,000 kw energy. This facility is powered by Nuon (see Sourcing Suppliers).
- Our Asia-Pacific region implemented energy reduction programs in all countries in 2011. Many green initiatives focused on lighting and air conditioning adjustments and energy contract refinements to achieve between USD $10,000 and $200,000 savings per year per country.
- Over the next 10 years, we anticipate saving $3.25 million as a result
of a lighting retrofit project in just one of our advanced logistic
centers (ALC) in North America.
- We will continue to improve the energy efficiency of our facilities
through practical and cost-efficient equipment and supplies.
We will continue to reduce waste to the lowest possible level, ensuring
responsible disposal and recycling for hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
We advocate employee involvement in environmental matters, providing
suitable training and support to employees with regard to our global stewardship.
We continue to inform others of our environmental commitments, including
companies from whom we source products and services. We undertake an annual
review of this commitment in the light of any new knowledge, changing
legislation or public concerns.